Creatine is a naturally occurring chemical in the body. It is also found in seafood and red meat. It is commonly used to improve exercise performance and muscle mass.
Muscles use creatine to make energy. Skeletal muscle contains a majority of it. It is a common ingredient in USA sports supplements. Creatine seems to benefit people who start with lower creatine levels than those who start with higher levels.
Creatine is often used to increase muscle mass and improve performance during exercise. Muscle cramps, fatigue, multiple sclerosis (MS), depression, and many other conditions are also treated with it, but none of these are supported by good scientific evidence.
Creatine use is allowed by the International Olympic Committee and National Collegiate Athletic Association .
This supplement has been shown to increase muscle mass, strength, and exercise performance. Additionally, it offers other health benefits, including protection against neurological diseases. There is no evidence to support the belief that creatine is dangerous or has many side effects. A lot of testing has been done on this supplement, and it has a good safety profile.
One of the most popular supplements among bodybuilders and athletes is creatine because it helps them gain muscle, improve strength, and improve performance during training (1Trusted Source).
The chemical structure of this compound is similar to that of amino acids. The amino acids glycine and arginine can be used to produce it.
Creatine stores are affected by many factors, including meat consumption, exercise, muscle mass, and hormones such as testosterone and IGF-1 (9Trusted Source).
In your muscles, you store 95 percent of your body’s creatine in the form of phosphocreatine. Your brain, kidneys, and liver store the remaining 5% (9Trusted Source).
Taking supplements increases your phosphocreatine reserves. As it helps your body manufacture more of a high-energy molecule called ATP, this is a form of stored energy in your cells. ATP is often referred to as the body’s energy currency. Exercise can be more effective when your body has more ATP (9Trusted Source). Additionally, creatine increases muscle mass, strength, and recovery by altering several cellular processes.
It can be used to improve physical performance and health in a number of ways.
In a single training session, you can do more total work or volume, which is important for long-term muscle growth. Increasing satellite cell signaling can help muscles repair themselves and grow new muscles. Studies note a rise in hormones, such as IGF-1, after taking creatine. Lifts the water content in your muscle cells, which results in a cell volumization effect that may contribute to muscle growth. May increase total muscle mass by reducing muscle breakdown.
In high-intensity exercise, it is primarily responsible for increasing phosphocreatine stores in the muscles.
This extra energy can then be used to produce more ATP, which is needed for high-intensity exercise and heavy lifting.
Where to get it, Who are the best suppliers?
BODY SUPPLIES are one of the best and reputable suppliers of ‘Creatine’ in the market for more details about pricing and shipment etc, please visit their website.