PLAYSTATION players are not able to get online this morning in what appears to be a global outage.
Sony has confirmed that “some services are experiencing issues”.
PS5, PS4, PS3 and PS Vita all flocked to Twitter to report problems.
According to the firm’s on service status site, it appears to be affecting gaming streaming, PlayStation Store and PlayStation Direct.
“You might have difficulty launching games, apps or network features,” the site says.
“We’re working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.”
Regarding PlayStation Store, it says: “You might have difficulty getting products in PlayStation Store.”
It’s not yet clear what is behind the outage.
A surge in reports was detected on the Down Detector site from around 7am GMT / 2am ET.
“So it looks like the PlayStation network is down…” one user tweeted.
“All this money an Sony server still go down yikes,” another added.
More to follow…
All the latest Gaming tips and tricks
Looking for tips and tricks across your favourite consoles and games? We have you covered…
- All the video game releases in 2022
- Can you play PS4 games on PS5?
- All of the Call of Duty games in order
- Every Assassin’s Creed game in order
- All the GTA 5 mods and cheats
- What are the Pokemon Go Eevee Evolutions?
- Everything you need to know about Roblox
- Who created Fortnite?
- Most popular Roblox games
- How to get free Robux
- How many people play Fortnite?
- Best PS4 games with free PS5 upgrades
- Who is the highest-paid Twitch streamer?
Get all of the latest PS5, Xbox and other video game news here
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]