APPLE has reportedly fixed the overheating issue impacting iPhone 15 models with a new iOS update.
The iPhone 15 models have faced a number of complaints since their long-awaited launch on September 12.
But the problem customers have reported most is the ‘mysterious’ overheating issue, which has left handsets too hot to even hold in some cases.
At the beginning of the week, an unnamed Apple spokesperson told Bloomberg that Instagram, Uber and the game Asphalt 9 are three apps that could cause the devices to “run warmer than normal.”
Today, however, Apple has issued an update titled iOS 17.0.3 that is says “addresses an issue that may cause iPhone to run warmer than expected.”
Since the handset’s launch, several videos on social media showed customers temperature checking their iPhone 15 Pros, hitting highs of between 39 and 42 degrees Celcius.
Customers worried this could permanently damage their battery.
Inside iOS 17.0.3, Apple has also issued fixes for two security issues.
The first is a kernel exploit for an attacker with local access to the device that Apple said “may have been actively exploited against versions of iOS before iOS 16.6.”
Another was a fix for a libvpx bug — which could allow someone to take over a device remotel.
How to update your iPhone
Updating your iPhone is easy, just follow these simple steps:
- Plug your iPhone into a power socket, and connect to a Wi-Fi network
- Tap Settings > General > Software Update
- Tap ‘Download and Install’
- Tap ‘ Download and Install’ to update immediately, or plug you phone in overnight to update automatically while you’re asleep.
- You may have to enter your passcode
If you don’t have enough space for the update on your phone, Apple may ask you if it can temporarily remove some apps from your phone.
But don’t worry: Apple will reinstall any deleted apps, including any data you had stored on those apps.
Best Phone and Gadget tips and hacks
Looking for tips and hacks for your phone? Want to find those secret features within social media apps? We have you covered…
- How to delete your Instagram account
- What does pending mean on Snapchat?
- How to check if you’ve been blocked on WhatsApp
- How to drop a pin on Google Maps
- How can I change my Facebook password?
- How to go live on TikTok
- How to clear the cache on an iPhone
- What is NFT art?
- What is OnlyFans?
- What does Meta mean?
Get all the latest WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook and other tech gadget stories here.